МАСТЕР КЛАСС В ИТАЛИИ
YOGA-AND-PHOTO TRIP TO PERU
10.02 - 21.02. 2019
Dear friends, a new trip will start soon! From February 10 to February 21, 2019, we will dive into the atmosphere of amazing Peru. Two ways of self-improvement will come together during this trip: the art of photography and cultural and researching tourism.
- Anton Yulikov – professional photographer with the experience of photoshoots in more than 30 countries of the world. This trip will be a good opportunity to have a fresh look at the art of photography through the eyes of a professional, who has travelled almost the whole world with his camera.
- Maria Shalimova – authorized Ashtanga Yoga instructor (level 2) in the tradition of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. She has 12 years of experience as yoga teacher. In 2013, she was authorized by Sharath Jois with official right to teach Series 1 and 2 of Ashtanga Yoga. In 2016, she studied at a special course for Ashtanga Yoga teachers in Mysore, India under the supervision of Sharath Jois. In 2018, she assisted to paramaguru Sharath Jois in the main chalet in Mysore. She taught more than 50 seminars in different cities of Russia and abroad
Route and Program
Day 1 – February 10
Arrival at Lima. Group meeting in the airport. Transfer to the hotel. Briefing about the trip. Relax time after the flight. Night at a hotel in Lima.
Day 2 – February 11
Lima: the city of contrasts. City tour. We will see the pyramid of the ancient Wari Culture – Huaca Pucllana, we'll visit the unique ceramics museum of Rafael Larco Herrera, we'll see the historical center of Lima with its Cathedral, the Royal Palace, Convento de San Francisco, the monument to a Spanish conquistador and founder of Lima – Francisco Pizarro and other tourist attractions of the city. We will be back to the Miraflores district in the evening, where we will
enjoy the panoramic sunset view on the shore of the Pacific Ocean in the Park of Love. Yoga with the ocean view. Night at a hotel in Lima.
Lima. City center.
Lima. Park of love.
Lima. Huaca Pucclana.
Day 3 – February 12
Bus trip from Lima to Paracas Peninsula (4-hour trip). Visit to the national park of Paracas, leisure time, swimming and yoga on one of the beaches. Night at a hotel in Paracas or in the city Pisco nearby.
Day 4 – February 13
Paracas: boat tour to Ballestas Islands, or, as they are called here, «Galapagos Islands in the Miniature». The islands are home to hundreds of thousands of birds – sea gulls, gannets, boobies, pelicans, penguin, as well as colonies of fur seals. On the way to the islands, we will see the mysterious Trident, or El Candelabro, made by unknown masters right in the rock. If there is time left, we will practice yoga on the beach or at the summer terrace of a hotel. Return to the Lima airport by bus (4-hour drive). Flight to Arequipa city. Night at a hotel in Arequipa.
Day 5 – February 14
The ancient city Arequipa (2350 m above the sea level) is called the southern capital of Peru by the Peruvians, or the White City. The city is located at the foot of three volcanos – El Misti, Chachani, and Pichu Pichu, and is considered to be the pearls of the colonial architecture of Peru: all the houses here are made of white volcanic tuff.
We will go for a walk in the historical center of Arequipa, visit the Cathedral, Santa Catalina Convent, which was built in the 17th c., as well as the Museum of Andean Sanctuaries, where the “Ice Maiden” found her terminal home – a perfectly preserved mummy of Inca girl, who had been killed as an offering to the Inca gods.
Free time after lunch. Yoga at the hotel terrace or at the bank of the river near the hotel. Night at a hotel in Arequipa.
Day 6 – February 15
We will go by bus to Chivay settlement early in the morning (4-hour drive), located in the beautiful valley of the Colca River. From here we will make a tour to the Colca Canyon, which is considered to be one of the deepest canyons in the world. Here, at the height of 3000 m above sea level, there is a sightseeing platform for the observation of Andian condors. Yoga with a canyon view.
After lunch: visit to the thermal waters of Chivay, which are located in the open air in a beautiful place near a river. We will return to Arequipa in the evening. Night at a hotel in Arequipa.
Colca Canyon view
Day 7 – February 16
Morning flight from Arequipa to Cusco city (located 3300 m above sea level), gradual adaptation to the highland. Getting familiar with a city: we'll go for a walk in the historical city center, visit the Cathedral, and the ancient Inca Koricancha temple (“Golden Enclosure”). Cusco is the most famous city of Peru, the historic capital of the Inca Empire, which was called “the navel of the world” and “the center of the four cardinal directions” by the Incas. The centuries-long history of the city is reflected in its architecture – the Spanish conquistadors built churches, palaces, and monasteries on the foundations of the ancient temples. Cusco fascinates you with its unique atmosphere, as if transferring you to another era – the time of the ancient Incas, whose descendants still live on our planet. Night at a hotel in Cusco.
Day 8 – February 17
We keep getting to know the city of Cusco and its surroundings. We will go up to Sacsayhuaman fortress, located on top of the hill. It is constructed of huge stones. The boulders are cut so
carefully to fit together tightly, that it is hard to believe that they are made of hard granite, and not of soft modelling clay. If the members of the group would like to visit the archeological monuments, located nearby, we can do so: sanctuaries of Kenko, Tambomachay baths, Puka-Pukara fortress. If the members of the group feel good, they can practice yoga on top of the hill with a view to the city or at the hotel terrace. Night at a hotel in Cusco.
Cusco. Sacsayhuaman fortress
Day 9 – February 18
Tour in the Sacred Valley of the Incas: Chinchero fortress, Moray terraced depressions, Maras salt evaporation ponds. We’ll go by train from Ollantaytambo town to (2800 m above sea level) to Aguas Calientes – starting point on the way to the new wonder of the world. Night at a hotel in Aguas Calientes.
Day 10 – February 19
Machu Picchu (2500 m above sea level) – lost city of the Incas, the city in the sky, the city among the clouds – people have given countless poetic descriptions to this incredible place. Many people say that Machu Picchu is a real place of power, where you actually feel connected to the upper energies and the doors of your internal cosmos open. Let’s check it :) We'll visit Machu Picchu from 6-7 AM to 1-2 PM. Yoga at the terrace of the ancient city. Lunch. After lunch, we will return to Cusco by train. Night at a hotel in Cusco.
Day 11 – February 20
Tracking to the Rainbow Mountain (for the strongest members of the group) or free time in Cusco. It will be a difficult, but very interesting tracking to the Vinicunca Mountain, which is also called the Rainbow or the Multi-Color Mountain. We will depart from the hotel early in the morning, go by bus for 3 hours to the starting point of the track – Pitumarca settlement, where we will have breakfast and start our track. The height of the mountain is 5100 m. The starting point is located 4500 m above sea level. Total distance by foot (roundtrip) is 14 km. If the group wants to take horses, we can do so for additional payment. After the track, we will have lunch in Pitumarca settlement and come back to Cusco. Farewell dinner, conclusions, Night at a hotel in Cusco
Day 12 – February 21
Flight from Cusco to Lima. Flight back home.
*Flights from Cusco will be chosen depending on the time of your flight from Lima back home. You will have free time in the morning in Cusco, when you can go for a walk or buy souvenirs.
The price includes:
• Guide during the whole trip • All the transfers according to the program (ground transportation: buses, mini-buses, taxi, train, water transportation: boats) • Accommodation: 2 persons in a room (2-3* hotels or guesthouses with similar comfort) Food: breakfast at the hotel, breakfast and lunch at the track to the Vinicunca Mountain
• All the excursions according to the program • Entrance tickets according to the program
The price does NOT include:
• Flight to Lima and back. The flight from Moscow costs 1300$ and more (KLM, Air France, Iberia). The lowest airplane ticket price, that we have seen, is 800$, check special offers of the airlines! The tickets should be purchased on your own after agreement with the guide.
Local flights Arequipa-Cusco (80$ and more), Cusco-Lima (70 $ and more). The guide buys them for the whole group.
• Food (lunch and dinner) during the trip (10-15 $ a day) • Personal expenditures, souvenirs, tips, etc. • Horses at the track (20$) • Medical insurance, voluntary (15-20 $)
• Additional payment to stay alone in the hotel rooms (if you wish it) – 180$